The President of Trek Bicycles, John Burke, has a 44 mile work commute which includes four miles of heavy traffic. He told his engineers he wanted a rear light that would get the attention of vehicle drivers during the day. This is what they came up with.
The Flare R is a game changer, a powerful 65 Lumen tail light that was designed to be daylight visible and can make cycling safer. It’s an accessory that should be added to every bicycle that gets ridden on the road.
The Flare R achieves it attention getting light beam with 65 Lumens, balanced optics, and flash patterns that are optimized both in intensity and pattern for maximum visibility.
- Balanced optics provide a focused beam ensuring visibility near and far - over 2km day or night.
- Beam patterns are designed to draw attention for given conditions, day or night.
- A balance of efficiency and power - 65 Lumens, USB rechargeable, and weighs just 36g.
The Flare R features four unique modes. Two for day use and two for night use.
- Day Flash - Relies on powerful flashes of 65 Lumens strategically placed in an irregular flash pattern optimized for maximum visibility during the day – run time 5.75hrs
- Day Steady - 5 Lumens of steady illumination great for group rides – run time 4.25 hrs
- Night Flash - Irregular flash pattern complemented by short pops of increased intensity optimized for night time visibility– run time 23 hrs
- Nighttime Steady - Provides 6 Lumens of steady light great for consistent night visibility – run time 21 hrs
· 80% of cycling accidents occur during the day
· Most cycling fatalities occur during the day
· 40% of US cycling fatalities hit from behind, more than twice the amount than second place
With Mother’s Day and Father’s day just around the corner, show your loved one that you care about their safety.